Upgrading from 1Password3/6

I purchased a license for 1Password3 years ago (and still have the license key) and have updated since to 4, 5 and 6. I just updated to 7 and now 1PW7 wants a license (as a file, not a key string). So, is there an upgrade path to a 1PW7 standalone license (not a subscription) for me, w/o having to pay full price?

FWIW, I emailed support yesterday and haven't heard back yet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: none

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member
    edited January 7

@johnvs2525

We are working to get to everyone as soon as possible. My colleagues answering email support should get to your message soon. That said, I do not see a message from you. Perhaps you used a different email address than your forum account.

A 1Password.com membership is the best way forward here. We have not advertised licenses on our website for some time now. I would encourage you to look into one of our membership offerings.

• This is a screen shot from 1PW7 app. How can you say that you "have not advertised licenses for some time now", when it's right there?? I've seen other people with the same question get a similar response. There seems to be a disconnect within your organization.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@john2525 My apologies in my typo above. We have not advertised them on the website. 1Password licenses are indeed available for purchase directly from the app.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file