Different pricing on website and iOS app store

Sorry if this is a daft question. I've been trialling 1Password as I'm leaving Lastpass for a number of reasons and now about to subscribe.

If I use the 1Password website, it charges $2.99 per month, billed annually which is approx. £25.92 per year.

If I subscribe using the iOS app, the subscription is £3.49 per month (billed monthly) or £32.99 (billed annually).

Any reason for the difference, as I'd assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that if I subscribe using the website and pay £25.92, I would get free use of the iOS apps on my iPhone and iPad (two devices) and any computers I want to install the desktop app on?

If that's right, I can't see why anyone would sign up from the iOS app store.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @srm39! Welcome to the forum!

Keep in mind that the Apple Store already converts the currency for you, and applies VAT automatically, so there will be some differences between what you see on the website and what you see in the App Store. But generally speaking, subscribing directly through us is a little bit cheaper since we don't have to rely on Apple for this :+1:

The $2.99 price is also the one you get when you choose the annual plan, while the App Store price you are seeing is the monthly one, which is more expensive.

Any reason for the difference, as I'd assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that if I subscribe using the website and pay £25.92, I would get free use of the iOS apps on my iPhone and iPad (two devices) and any computers I want to install the desktop app on?

No matter where you subscribe, you will get access to 1Password on all your devices, desktop computers and mobile devices alike ;)

• edited January 18

@ag_ana I´ve got a little question. I read that I can not manage my account from the website if I started the subscription from the apple app store...

Is there any way to change that? Can I cancle my sub at the app store and change to the website?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Mephisto_Pheles:

Is there any way to change that? Can I cancle my sub at the app store and change to the website?

Yes, we can help you do this :+1: To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to [email protected] from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• @ag_ana Thank you!!! I sent an email :blush:
    Here´s the ID: [#TRI-58171-432]

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@Mephisto_Pheles

I was able to locate your submission. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: TRI-58171-432

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file