Multiple Issues On Chromebook

I'm running the 1Password Linux Beta on my Chromebook in a Debian container ("crostini"), but after the first welcome screen the window where I can enter my login credentials is just empty/transparent. I could still enter my details and login, but even the main 1Password window had this issue. After the login and a restart it is working 50% of the time (also the login window if I go to Add an Account), but it keeps asking me for my 2FA code telling me it's wrong, even though it isn't (working for the login in the browser).
Also, when I go to settings it will just open a browser window showing this:

(URL is file:///media/fuse/crostini_1b6d15cf58cd357b2705b5b2b2b1cb20cc49c9f5_termina_penguin/.config/1Password/settings/settings.json)

If there are any logs I can provide, I'm happy to do so because when it works - it looks awesome and much better than the Android app!

1Password Version: 0.9.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

Hi @the_john19 👋

By any chance, does the "empty/transparent" windows look anything similar to what was reported over here?

If so, before opening 1Password, pop open terminal and run 1Password --disable-gpu and let me know if that works for you.

Also, when I go to settings it will just open a browser window showing this:

You can manually manage the settings within that settings.json found there in your screenshot, using these instructions.

• Hey @Blake ! Thanks for your quick response. About the "empty/transparent" window, this was actually an issue with Chrome OS and GPU acceleration, so nothing to do with 1Password and I got it fixed! About the settings, when I edit the file with nano in the terminal and only add the app.theme option, it doesn't work and I get the following errors:

INFO  2021-01-28T22:06:48.412 op_executor:invocation_loop [status:op-app/src/app.rs:146] App::new(1Password for Linux/80000000 (EN_US), Some(<redacted>))
    ERROR 2021-01-28T22:06:48.414 op_executor:invocation_loop [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/load.rs:30] An error occured while serializing or deserializing JSON data
    WARN  2021-01-28T22:06:48.664 op_executor:invocation_loop [1P:op-app/src/app/backend/lockscreendetails.rs:16] Failed to get system unlock user setting: An error occured while serializing or deserializing JSON data Defaulting to disabled!

As soon as I remove ""app.theme": "dark"," I don't get this errors anymore.

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

Apologies for the delayed reply @the_john19

It looks like you might have accidentally put a trailing comma in your config file -- "app.theme": "dark",

Can you try removing that rogue comma there and see if that fixes things up? 😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file