[IOS 14.3] Just installing 1Password causing slowness around Settings -> Passwords->AutoFill

Options
rduke
rduke
Community Member

iPad Pro (11") MTXQ2LL/A

Just installing 1Password causes the Autofill setting to take 12 seconds to display. It also causes a similar slowness around filling in safari login forms.

Uninstalling 1Password and everything goes back to normal.

Anyone else having this issue?

1Password Version: Latest app store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:slow ios

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rduke! Welcome to the forum!

I believe this is the first time I hear of this. Do you see the same behavior even after rebooting your iPad once?

• rduke
    rduke
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. Just updated to 14.4, I’ll try it again.

• rduke
    rduke
    Community Member
    Options

Problem seems to have gone away with IOS 14.4.

• @rduke

Great! Let us know if you run into any further difficulties.

• lisaremark
    lisaremark
    Community Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I’m having this same issue, but with a new iPad Air, iOS14.4. I installed 1Password on the first day I bought the device (yesterday) and set it up from scratch (not from a backup). Immediately after installing the 1Password app, it takes 10-20 seconds to get a response in Settings - Passwords - Autofill Passwords, and if I do enable 1Password there, it takes 10-20 seconds for Passwords to function every time I try to invoke that function in Safari. If I uninstall 1Password, all the delays disappear.

• lisaremark
    lisaremark
    Community Member
    Options

Following up on my post from a few hours ago to provide some new info: I hit the same problem I described above when trying to set up a Family member's account on their iPhone 8 running iOS14.4 (As soon as I install the 1Password app, Safari stalls whenever trying to use the Password function, and the Settings - Passwords - Autofill Passwords menus all stall.)

Strangely, these problems do not occur on my iPhone 11 Pro running iOS14.4.

We're test-driving 1password to see if we'd like to adopt it permanently. Hoping to resolve the issues.

• Hi @lisaremark,

I see that you also emailed us, I am responding to your email right now, let's continue the conversation through email. :)

ref: WSL-34539-618

• lisaremark
    lisaremark
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Joshua, and thanks to the 1Password team members who tried to help me with this.

After a couple of iterations with the 1Password team and with the Apple Support team, I've stumbled upon a solution that works for me. I'll describe it here in case anyone else has a similar problem and can benefit from my experience.

The 1Password team had suggested turning on Apple ID Two Factor Authentication as a fix, and (for unimportant/irrelevant reasons) that wasn't something I wanted to do. I believe that if I had done so, it likely would have solved my problem. (I think somehow I had activated Keychain as a password manager, and then because I didn't have Two Factor Authentication enabled for Apple ID, it was causing 1Password to glitch in a way that I couldn't fix no matter what I tried.)

It took some head scratching to find a workaround for my very specific problem, but here it is.

1. Download the 1Password app on your Apple device.
    2. Log out of your Apple ID account on your Apple device.
    3. Log into a second Apple ID account on your Apple device. (This can be a throw-away Apple ID account you create temporarily just for this specific purpose.)
    4. Log out of the second Apple ID account.
    5. Log back into your original Apple ID account.
    6. Go to Settings / Password / Autofill Passwords, unselect KeyChain, select 1Password.

Any delay in using Settings / Password / Autofill Passwords and/or using the Password button in Safari should now be resolved.

There appears to be something about logging in and out of the second AppleID account that manages to reset something about KeyChain and/or iCloud that doesn't result simply from logging in and out of the original AppleID account, which is why steps 3 & 4 are included. At least I couldn't get 1Password to work without Two Factor Authentication unless I included Steps 3 & 4.

I hope that helps anyone else having a similar problem to mine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing what worked for you with the community @lisaremark! I am sure it will be useful to other users :+1:

This discussion has been closed.