Alfred bookmark integration

Options
jdavyd
jdavyd
Community Member
edited January 2021 in Mac

Hello,

After trying to figure out why Alfred is able to detect only 230 out of my 274 (total) items/bookmarks I'm stuck. I've made sure that preferences of Alfred and 1Password are properly configured to allow crosstalk between the apps.

Something I've noticed is that Alfred is using a folder of 'onepassword-item-metadata' files which only contains some of the items, 230 to be exact - this folder is being used when the 'Discovered Automatically' box is checked. After finding finding the folder with all the metadata files (274), Alfred was unable to recognize the data in this location, giving the error "Unable to find 1Password Data". It seems that the folder in which my most recent metadata is being saved to is not being used by Alfred, but when I try to get Alfred to use that folder, it doesn't recognize that data.

Any help with Alfred-1Password Bookmark integration would be much appreciated.

Jared

_1Password Version: 6.8.9
_Extension Version: Not Using
_OS Version: 11.1
_Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jdavyd! Welcome to the forum!

Apologies for the delayed reply, your post slipped through the cracks for some reason :(

I have asked the rest of the team if someone with Alfred experience can take a look at this. We will post back here as soon as we have an update.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@jdavyd

At the bottom of the Alfred preferences for 1Password is an item called Vaults. Do you have any vaults disabled in that section?

• jdavyd
    jdavyd
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

@ag_tommy

There are no vaults that are disabled. The only vault I have is 'Primary', it is enabled.

Also, in 1password preferences, it is the 'Primary' vault where new items are saved. However, I'm not seeing any new items in Alfred bookmarks.

• @jdavyd

Try disabling 3rd part integration in 1Password, wait 30 seconds or so, and then enable the option. I needed to do this to get Alfred to remove some old vaults that still appeared in my Alfred 1Password bookmarks.

Have you also discussed this in the Alfred support forum? Andrew (Creator) and Vero (Alfred's Mum) or one of the other may be able to help. I'm just another Alfred user like yourself. I don't have specific knowledge into the inner workings. One other thing to check is to make sure you are running an up to date version of Alfred.

Support forum. https://www.alfredforum.com/

This is Alfred's troubleshooting page for the 1Password bookmarks. https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/1password/ I would recommend giving it a run through.

• jdavyd
    jdavyd
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

No luck after disabling and enabling of 3rd party integration in 1Password preferences.

I have tried the recommendations on Alfred's troubleshooting page for the Password bookmarks but no results. I am using the most up-to-date version of Alfred. I'll try posting on Alfred's support forum.

Thanks for your help.

• @jdavyd

Please let us know what you find. If there is some sort of disconnect, I am sure Alfreds developers and our's can figure it out. ;)

• jdavyd
    jdavyd
    Community Member
    Options

So, someone on the Alfred forum has suggested that I create a new login in 1Password to see if Alfred is looking at the right source of data. However, since I don't have a login, I would need to register and pay the additional fee. Is there any way around this?

• jdavyd
    jdavyd
    Community Member
    Options

So, someone on the Alfred forum has suggested that I create a new login in 1Password to see if Alfred is looking at the right source of data. However, since I don't have a login, I would need to register and pay the additional fee. Is there any way around this?

• @jdavyd

In your opening post, you mentioned using 1Password 6.8.9. I apologize I did not notice this in our original exchange. I fear that one of the two (Alfred or 1Password) will not work correctly. 1Password 6 was retired coming up on 3 years ago now. The last major update to that version was in 2018. It's no longer actively developed.

However, you can give it a try. Open 1Password and create a new login in the logins section. It can even be a dummy login. Name it something you can easily find. Open Alfred and check if the new data is being read or available for your use.

One of the most important things you can do is keep 1Password updated. I would recommend giving 1Password 7 a look. Our membership options are the best way forward. You'll get perpetual upgrades to the next version as long as you remain a member.

Explore a 1Password membership.

• jdavyd
    jdavyd
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

The login items have not been showing up in Alfred for sometime now. As mentioned, only 230 out of ~274 items are appearing in Alfred. If I add a new login item, it does not appear in Alfred.

This issue should be resolvable without updating to 1Password 7. Why are 230 out of ~274 items appearing in Alfred? This part isn't making sense.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021
    Options

@jdavyd

The only reason I can think of is the data format change in 1Password 7. I don't know if that format change also affected how Alfred works.

In 1Password 6 the data was kept in the .agilekeychain, and in 1Password 7 that was changed to the .opvault. It might be worth asking the Alfred staff if it can still read the older style. I gave our release notes and those from Alfred a quick search and did not find anything that jumped out at me.

I am using Alfred 4.3.1 and 1Password 7.7.1 beta 6

This discussion has been closed.