Unable to install/update 1password on Linux using RPM - cpio: link failed

I haven't been able to update 1password on my Linux system for a couple of weeks now, there seems to be an error in the most recent RPM build.

Using my package manager (zypper on OpenSUSE) I get the following error when upgrading or installing 1password:

# zypper in 1password
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
  1password

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 0 B. Already cached: 61,8 MiB. After the operation, additional 220,3 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/v/...? shows all options] (y): y
In cache 1password-0.9.10-5.rpm                                                                                                                                                               (1/1),  61,8 MiB (220,3 MiB unpacked)

Checking for file conflicts: ................................................................................................................................................................................................[done]
(1/1) Installing: 1password-0.9.10_5-42790.x86_64 ..........................................................................................................................................................................[error]
Installation of 1password-0.9.10_5-42790.x86_64 failed:
Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/com.1password.1Password.policy;6011ec7f: cpio: link failed - No such file or directory
error: 1password-0.9.10_5-42790.x86_64: install failed

Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i] (a): a
Problem occurred during or after installation or removal of packages:
Installation has been aborted as directed.
Please see the above error message for a hint.

This is the repo URL I have set for installing 1password for Linux:

https://downloads.1password.com/linux/rpm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:linux rpm failed

Comments

• BlakeBlake

Team Member
    edited January 28

Howdy @cbcoutinho 🤠

We have received a couple reports of this so far, and it appears that our new restricted policy files are causing problems with certain setups.

Currently, we hardlink the polkit file into place, and that obviously isn't working across filesystems, and resulting in failed installs.

We're currently working to see how to best fix this, but in the mean time, you will probably have to skip this release. Sorry about that! 😞

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file