web login changes are not syncing between iPhone and MacOS

mattcorr
mattcorr
Community Member

Hey there. I added MFA for an existing web account via the current iPassword on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. Saved the details and then logged out of the website and tried to log back in to test the MFA process. (this is using Safari 14.0.2 on macOS Catalina (10.15.7)

It had not picked up the changes. Even after restarting Safari and the iPassword app on my iPhone, the change has not been synced.

This has been an ongoing issue for a while. Surely a minute or so should be enough time for a sync to trigger and complete?

After looking for the communities website, registering an account and typing all this in, I tried it again. It has synced now. But surely it should happen quicker?

Please let me know if there is any additional info you need.
Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:app is not syncing between iPhone and mac

Comments

• mattcorr
    mattcorr
    Community Member

And of course.. just after I leave this support request, this issue is no longer happening. Changes in the iOS app are reflected in seconds to the 1Password plugin in Safari.

Is there a recommended start order for the apps to across platforms to ensure ideal syncing? What are things that would make it stop?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattcorr! Welcome to the forum!

And of course.. just after I leave this support request, this issue is no longer happening.

Of course! :D

There is no recommended order, sync should work the same way in any case. Our developers are however investigating some sync issues in the latest 1Password for Mac app, so it is possible that you might have encountered something related to this.

• mattcorr
    mattcorr
    Community Member

ahh ok.. thats good to know.. Well I guess I will just leave it to you trusty devs and hope they can sort this intermittent issue out!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am sure they will @mattcorr :) Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

This discussion has been closed.