How to move fields from one section to another?

Options
winklerrr
winklerrr
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

How can I move fields from one section to another in a login item?
It's easy possible to move and reorder the fields within one section and also to reorder the sections itself. But I can't figure out how to properly move a field from one section to another.

Possible workaround

I know that I could just copy-paste the information from the field in the source section to the field in the target section where I want that information to be. But the problem hereby is that this only works for normal text input fields which just display a normal value.

Advanced problem

How can I apply that workaround with different 2FA one-time passwords? In that case it's not possible to simple copy and paste the value as the displayed value is just the current one-time password and not the setup behind the field itself.

Best regards
winklerrr

1Password Version: 7.6.791
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 2004 19041.746
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @winklerrr,

It is also possible to copy 2FA TOTPs in another section. You have to edit the entry which contains the TOTP. When you click in the field a URL is visible. That's the TOTP-link. Just copy it and paste it into a new field which you chose to be a "One-Time password".

Then save your entry and you should have the TOTP in another section.

But you are not able to move a field into another section of your entry. You have to use the workaround of copy & paste.

Hopefully it helps to sort your fields a bit better? ;)

• We couldn't have said this any better ourselves, @DenalB! 😊

Could you let us know if this helps at all, @winklerrr?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @Blake. You are very welcome. ;)

• 😊👍

This discussion has been closed.