Password Generator

senioruserfriendly
senioruserfriendly
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I think that the password generator is vital to maintaining good passwords, but I have a few problems and I'm not certain why.

It usually acts flawlessly. But I have a few questions/problems and am not sure if I'm doing it right.

Sometimes it does not pop up. And I can't find it until I go several layers into 1PW.

There are times I need to have a password for a paper form, or I may be asked for it in a membership application. The domain is not always a match, so I might not want to have the process be totally automatic.

But when I select 1PW from within my browser, the Password Generator is not available. There are a few other times where I have needed it and cannot find it. It may be me....it may be a bunch of unusual circumstances, but it would help me have better security, save me time, and make 1PW a better tool.

1Password has been a service I can trust, but my big issue (which includes this) is that I can't find many functions. A great improvement is the listing that takes me directly to help and logs me in. Bravo. This form asks me to find the version number. After looking two places, I will pass. I haven't been fond of hide and seek since childhood.

Provide something that tells us where we will find what we want.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:settings

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @senioruserfriendly!

What browser are you currently using?

But when I select 1PW from within my browser, the Password Generator is not available.

Can you post a screenshot of where you are looking, and where you are expecting to see the password generator? Thank you!

• senioruserfriendly
    senioruserfriendly
    Community Member

Sometimes 1Password does not suggest a new password. In those cases, I go to a generic website to generate one. If I click on the icon within Firefox, there's no option to see the Password Generator.![

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited March 2021

Hello @senioruserfriendly,

Thanks for the screenshot. You can find the password generator by selecting the plus icon at the top right corner of 1Password's popup.

This discussion has been closed.