purchased 1password4 for mac years ago. Updated and now cannot edit the content

whatwhat
edited February 1 in Purchasing

purchased 1password4 for mac years ago. Updated and now cannot edit the content

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:purchased 1password for mac 4 years ago. Updated and now cannot edit the content

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @what! Welcome to the forum!

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so if you are trying to use your license for version 4, that won't work to activate the latest version of the app: your existing license can only be applied to the version you purchased it for.

Can you confirm that you have purchased a license for 1Password 7, or activated a subscription?

• Hi @what,

If you want to install the latest version 4 available you can find it here:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4#v443000 ;)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@DenalB:

We cannot recommend using such an old version of the 1Password app anymore. The latest version of 1Password 4 was released almost seven years ago. For security reasons, the best option would be to upgrade to 1Password 7.

• @ag_ana

You are absolutely right. :+1:
    Sorry for posting the link to this version. :silenced:

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

No worries at all, it was worth clarifying this :+1:

• Thank you for your responses and advice. If, and knowing the security risks I would like to revert back to what I had is that possible? Not your problem, but I am trying to limit ongoing and prevailing subscription fees.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@what:

If you prefer to avoid a subscription, you also have the option to purchase a license for 1Password 7 instead. Personally, I think it would still be a better option than using the old 1Password 4 (and not only for security reasons, but because at this point it's not even guaranteed to work on newer operating systems anymore).

You are certainly free to continue using 1Password 4 with your existing license if you prefer, but since it would not be a supported configuration, we would also probably not be able to help you in case something didn't work (our suggestion would then be, again, to upgrade to the latest version).

• DenalBDenalB
    edited February 1

I would like to revert back to what I had is that possible?

I think it should be possible to install the old version, and you should be able to access your local vault.
    But please keep in mind that version 4 is a big security risk.

EDIT: @ag_ana was a bit faster... ;)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

:P

• @what:

If you want to limit subscription fees you also have the possibility to upgrade your standalone license. So you are able to use your local vault and are on the newest version 7. No matter which possibility you choose you are on the right side if you go with version 7. ;)

For more information for upgrading you can read here:
    https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/

And if you want to get an overview of all the new features of version 7 you can read here:
    https://support.1password.com/explore/whats-new-mac/

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the additional information :+1:

• thank you so much for your help!

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are very welcome @what! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file