Has file storage not been implmeneted in web and linux beta?

When I was on mac, I could store documents in my individual items, I can no longer do that via web or linux.

Is this by design, or just not implemented yet?

1Password Version: 0.9.12-2
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @bdmorin, welcome to the 1Password Community!

This is a great question! Currently, adding documents is not yet implemented in the Linux beta app. However, this functionality is available at 1Password.com - here's a handy guide:

Save important files in 1Password

It is not possible to embed a document item directly into an existing entry. However, once your document is added to your vault you can link it to any related items - here's another guide from our Support site:

Link Related Items

Let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

• I just discovered the Linux app doesn't have Docment support, and in the process accidentally deleted an existing file. I edited a Document with an attached file so I could link it to another entry, but then after I pressed Save, I realized it removed the attached file.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hi @arip, could you sign into your account at 1Password.com, and let me know if you still see that document shown there?

• I didn't see it on 1password.com after that happened. But I was able to restore it from the history.

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

@arip

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to recover your document via 1Password.com

Documents are coming to 1Password for Linux, just keep an eye out and we will let you know when as soon as it's ready! 💙

• I'm also unable to add documents via 1passwordX. Is the mac app the only way currently?

• BlakeBlake

Team Member

@bdmorin

You can create a new document item by clicking "Document" from within the item creation screen, after opening 1Password in your browser and clicking on the big "+" there in your top-right corner.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file