Where can I purchase a gift card, I can redeem on 1Password.eu?

Hello,

I am a LastPass user and after giving a trial with 1Password I want to make the switch.
I have created an account on 1Password.eu and under billing I can see two ways of purchasing a license.
One is with credit card, the other is with gift card.

Nevertheless, on you site it states that gift cards can't be applied to 1Password.eu accounts (https://1password.com/giftcards/). I kept searching and I found many more relevant support articles stating the same thing. If that is the case does that mean that 1Password.eu accounts can't use this payment method? If so why is it even enabled for 1Password.eu if I can't purchase a card and apply it?

This may be another useless thread but I am really baffled when I am provided with payments methods I cannot really use. Hopefully someone can shed a light or even better tell me I am wrong and I can actually purchase gift cards and apply them to the eu region.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Where can I purchase a gift card, I can redeem on 1Password.eu?

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @perisdr! Welcome to the forum!

If that is the case does that mean that 1Password.eu accounts can't use this payment method?

That's correct: gift cards can currently only be redeemed on 1Password.com. I have passed your feedback to the developers with regards to the gift card being offered as an option anyway in your settings however :+1:

ref: dev/b5/b5#7765

• @ag_ana thank you for the crystal clear answer. I won't go on to say why not showing the same love to the EU as with the US. This has to do with legal, business and marketing reasons and there quite a few threads requesting such features (please add another vote to these voices).

But providing features to a whole region that is not able to use them, leaves me quite confused. Hopefully your technical team can hide them or your site information can become a little more clear on the differences between regions. Even discovering that there are regions is a little obscure on the site.

Regards

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@perisdr:

(please add another vote to these voices).

Done :+1:

But providing features to a whole region that is not able to use them, leaves me quite confused. Hopefully your technical team can hide them or your site information can become a little more clear on the differences between regions. Even discovering that there are regions is a little obscure on the site.

Agreed on all counts :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file