Sync issues between different devices

sigure
sigure
Community Member

Hey Guys,

I have installed latest versions of 1 password on android, mac & windows including latest browser extensions.

When i change a password on windows machine using desktop app, to be clear i added a note, it did not get synced on my mac desktop app, it is only getting updated on online version of 1 password.

i don't find manual sync option anywhere ! is this feature even available ? many other managers have manual sync when automatic sync wont work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2021

@sigure

Our development team has been investigating reports such as yours. The belief is that our notifier service, which watches for changes, is getting blocked at the device or network level on the Mac. From all of the reports we have received, switching vaults and then back to the original vault will result in syncing. If you have a single vault you could try quitting 1Password completely.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

Additionally, we have a working fix in our betas. Would you like to give it a try? If so, you can use this set of instructions https://support.1password.com/betas/ to enable the betas.

I have my hopes the beta cycle is coming to an end and we can get a new release out to you to address this issue. I'm sorry for the trouble.

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member

Thanks for the answer & fast reply @ag_tommy

Switching between vaults resolved my issue, il look fwd for the upcoming release and keep u posted.

• Sounds great.

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member

Hey Guys,

Cross platform sync issue is annoying me a lot, I use windows as my work laptop and mac as my personal laptop, but syncing between 2 devices are still a problem, are u guys not aware of this issue ? i think it was fixed recently ?

I am using recent beta extension on both laptops, i mark a login as bookmark on windows, but i cant see those bookmarked on my mac desktop app or browser extension, it syncs after u lock the extension and re-open.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sigure:

What version of the 1Password desktop app are you running on this device? You mentioned using the latest beta of the extension, but you did not mention the desktop app version.

• steve28236
    steve28236
    Community Member

I have just witnessed this too, the 1P macOS app just refused to sync. Quitting 1P completely as per the instructions above and restarting forced a sync.

1P 7.8. macOS 11.2.3

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@steve23094:

What sync method are you currently using?

• sigure
    sigure
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Sorry, I was away.

It looks like sync is a bit slow when different is os concerned.

If i update on mac anywhere (extension, web, desktop, mac mini) sync is flawless, but i if i update on mac, to see that update on windows takes around 5 to 10mins, its not instant, not sure why, only time its instant is when we lock and unlock. I can live with that for now :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @sigure, let us know if things change :)

This discussion has been closed.