Can I hide 1Password if Mac keychain info appears

imageboy
imageboy
Community Member

So, when logging in somewhere and login details are required, I get my 1password helper appear over the top of my keychain info for that login. is 1Password clever enough to recognise my Mac keychain and hide ? is there a preference setting for this ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when login in somewhere can I hide 1passwd if Mac keychain info appears

Comments

• @imageboy

The options for the inline menu are as follows.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• imageboy
    imageboy
    Community Member

Thanks Tommy, I knew you guys would have an answer ... perfect ! Cheers from Australia

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome @imageboy! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Pimmaman
    Pimmaman
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for hints.
    I think the keychain/1pass interactions in Safari should bee taken care of asap to avoid situations like the one in the screenshot

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Pimmaman:

Our recommendation is to disable the Safari password manager to avoid this interference in the first place (since you are effectively running two password managers at the same time):

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

If you don't want to do that, please see the suggestions from my colleague Tommy above to see how you can configure 1Password instead :+1:

This discussion has been closed.