Drag and drop between vaults?

Options
Pro
Pro
Community Member

Hi,
I've just came back to 1password after a couple of years with Dashlane. I was originally with 1password from around 10 years ago if i remember correctly it was 1password pro.
Since that time i've more or less used the same database of logins which has expanded over the years.
I've moved everything over from dashlane and my old 1password into my new 1password account Vault. Its a proper mess :blush: Duplicates, triplicates and worse. Seems like over the years when passwords were changed the old entry stayed there and a new entry was created alongside, i've also neglected the collection over the years.
I've decided to go through all the entries in my "private" vault and see what works, whats outdated etc.. Its going to take quite some time but it needs doing.
I thought the best way to do this would create a new vault which i have done and named it "sorted".
I've opened the private vault up and the sorted vault up in side by side view. Ive started with software licences section and am hand typing from left vault to right vault.
This is going to take forever :(
Is there not a way of dragging individual complete entries between vaults what i want to keep? Or am i totally missing a much easier way to get the 1000+ entries tidied and correctly sorted?
Thanks,
Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pro!

Drag and drop between vaults is working fine for me here in 1Password for Mac version 7.7.1.BETA-9. What version of the 1Password app are you using, and on what operating system?

• Pro
    Pro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply :)

Im using 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) on MacOs 10.13.6
    Is there a way of opening up 2 separate vaults together using the application? I went about it all wrong as i had 2 safari browser windows open side by side each showing a separate vault. I thought i would be able to drag and drop between vaults that way :blush:
    How do i open up the 2 vaults within the software so i can drag and drop?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pro:

You cannot open two vaults at the same time, but I understand now why you are not able to do this: you cannot drag and drop in the browser, but you can drag and drop directly inside the 1Password for Mac app ;)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pro!

I thought the best way to do this would create a new vault which i have done and named it "sorted".

When I came back to 1PW I did this with the help of a tag called "!ToDo!". In the Windows app I marked all entries, right-clicked them and set this new tag. Now I selected this tag and all "old" entries were shown. I went through all of them one after the other and checked if this login was still working. If yes, I edited the entry, selected a new tag and removed the "!ToDo!"-tag. If no, I deleted the login entry. So the list of "old" entries became shorter and shorter. When removing the tag from the last entry the tag was gone from my list. :)

Maybe this workaround also fits to your needs?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Correct, using tags would indeed be another option :+1:

This discussion has been closed.