1Password in Safari Not Prompting to Update/Save New Password

Options
helpmeobiwan
helpmeobiwan
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I have used 1Password on Mac for many years now. I switch between browsers, but I have most recently been using Safari. About a week ago, the behavior of 1Password in Safari changed. Prior to the change, while on a website in Safari, when a new password is generated using the in-line generator, so after clicking "Use Suggested Password"

1Password would immediately prompt me to update or save the newly generated password. This has been the behavior of the 1Password extensions on my various Macs for years and years. However, after the change, there is no prompt when the "Use Suggested Password" button is clicked and the newly generated password is filled. The prompt comes only after manually hitting the update or save password button on whatever website I am on, and even then, the prompt often does not pop up at all.

I had been using the latest 1Password Beta when this issue started to occur. I undertook all standard troubleshooting steps (completely quitting app and helper, toggling 1Password Browser preferences, restarting machine, etc). I then followed all the steps at the below links:
https://1password.community/discussion/46970/not-always-prompted-to-update-login-when-changing-password-on-sites
https://1password.community/discussion/99904/1password-stopped-prompting-to-save-new-password

I then deleted 1Password Beta and all associated files entirely using AppCleaner, rebooted my machine, and installed the latest non-beta version of 1Password. The issue persisted. I re-ran the troubleshooting steps above, and the suggestions in the linked community threads. The issue persisted. I then downloaded 1PasswordTroubleshooting.app and ran all of the steps in there. Still, the issue persisted.

I seem to have run out of ideas. I would greatly appreciate assistance in resolving this issue.

(PS: None of my logins use the suggested password shown in the image).

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: 11.2
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @helpmeobiwan! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FPT-57248-743

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@helpmeobiwan:

Thank you for the update! I think I see what went wrong in this case. Apologies for the long wait, and I have asked my colleagues to get back to your email.

In the meantime, can you confirm if this is happening on every website, or just on a single one?

This discussion has been closed.