Foreign transaction fee

I was charged a foreign transaction fee by my bank on my recent subscription payment. While I understand that this charge has nothing to do with 1Password, I am disappointed that you do not include helpful information on the payment page for US customers - for whom foreign transaction fees are common - and who must make up a significant portion of your customer base. Had I known, I simply would have used a different credit card to make the payment which would not have charged a fee.

Most frustrating of all is that a simple search shows that this is an ongoing issue for many years. Yes, I know the bottom of your website lists your Canadian address in very fine print. That is clearly insufficient, as indicated by the fact that this is an ongoing problem. If you are processing transactions in USD, you should indicate clearly that it is being processed by a non-US based company on the payment page.

The charge itself is minimal, and is not of concern. However, the fact that nothing been done over the course of years to rectify this situation is very disappointing. So my question is this: why has nothing been done to help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @helixcon! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing your feedback about this! I would encourage you to reach out to our sales team via email at [email protected], as they will be in a much better position to answer these questions :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file