Adding Multiple Accounts in extension using Brave browser

Options

Question 1: Is it possible to use 2 different accounts in the browser extension for Brave?

Presuming the answer to question 1 is "Yes", I am having an issue with adding a second account to the browser extension. I navigate to the gear icon in the browser extension, then click on it and scroll to the bottom where i can see "add another account". I click on that and it gives me a login page where i need to provide my credentials. When I fill in the required credential info and hit enter, the page just sits there trying to load. It almost looks like it is processing something but i never see a second account added to the browser extension. I've let it run for 20 minutes or so but no change. What am i doing wrong?

Thank you :)

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: WIndows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ChesterCopperpot! Yes, you should be able to use multiple 1Password accounts with 1Password in your browser. Did you happen to select the public computer checkbox on the sign-in page?

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member
    Options

hmm. I pretty sure each time i have tried it it was not selected. I have tried again (check box de selected) and it still trying to sign in. I assume there is some procedural issue here. The URL i am directed to sign in to is https://my.1password.com/signin
    I enter my Email, Secret key, and password and then wait & wait & wait & then i give up.lol
    I have one account already connected and I thought i could add a second account. I believe these are both "teams" accounts.
    Brave: 1.22.70
    1password extension: 1.23.1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ChesterCopperpot:

Out of curiosity, are you able to login to this second 1Password account in a different browser, if you visit the my.1password.com website directly (not from the browser extension)? This can help us understand if the problem is with the browser, or with something else.

• ChesterCopperpot
    ChesterCopperpot
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for such infrequent communication. I was able to add a second account in Chrome without issue. I have revisited adding second account in Brave and got it to work this time. I think it might have been this setting in the extension's "Site Access". When i was having the issue it was selected for "On Click" but when i reinstalled the extension, it defaulted to "All Sites". Now it seems to be working.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @ChesterCopperpot! I am glad to hear that everything is working as expected now with those settings :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.