Purchase options other than credit / American debit cards?

Hey there,

I was gonna check out 1Password, but during account setup for the trial version, it asks me to input my card details.
Except.. I do not have a credit card (it's not really common here in Germany, and also costs extra money for.. no real use or benefit) and the info you'd need for my debit card does not match the info the input mask requires. (IBAN & BIC vs a card number, date and CVC my debit card doesn't even have.)

Since this very problem is the reason I'm looking to change from my current password manager, as they were unable to let me purchase their soon mandatory premium model with my debit card or something like PayPal etc., I'd like to know if there is any way around this for 1Password?

I read some stuff about gift cards you could buy with PayPal, but those only being usable on US accounts or on the US website, not the .eu one?
And... does it in any way matter where I live vs which version of the website I use? Like, if I just use the .com one as a non-US person, does that lead to any complication, or are there any tangible benefits to using the .eu site instead when from the EU?

Cheers,
Djorry~

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Djorry

Thanks for your interest in trying out 1Password. Without a credit card or a debit card backed by one of the supported merchant networks (Visa, MasterCard, etc) gift cards or paying through Apple / Google (if you have devices that would facilitate that) would likely be the best option. There is no restriction on which region of 1Password you use — e.g. the majority of our customers use 1Password.com regardless of where they live. You can read more about the different regions here:

https://support.1password.com/regions/

You are correct that at present gift cards are only supported on 1Password.com, and not the other regions. If you have further questions about billing you can reach out to our billing team directly at [email protected] I hope that helps!

Ben

• Hi @Djorry!

I do not have a credit card (it's not really common here in Germany, and also costs extra money for.. no real use or benefit)

I'm using a VISA card from Comdirect Bank for many things on the internet. I think I use it more often than PayPal. I don't have to pay anything for it. Maybe you should ask your credit institute if there is also the possibility to get a free VISA card?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the suggestion, that is worth trying :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file