Clear clipboard

Options

I have trialled LastPass and BitWarden and both offer the ability to clear the clipboard from the browser extension. (Chrome, Windows 10 computer)

I know this has been raised before but I am wondering why 1Password has not implemented this. From a programming perspective it is clearly possible as it has been implemented by other apps. Why does 1Password not offer this security feature?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @el613 ,

I assume you are referring to 1Password in the browser here.
    I'm pointing it out since we have two different extensions available - 1Password in the browser, and 1Password Classic.

1Password Classic connects to the 1Password 7 desktop app and allows it to autofill in your browser. The desktop app can access your clipboard and clear it (in the app's settings -> Security -> Clear clipboard content after X seconds).

1Password in the browser is a standalone extension that doesn't connect to the desktop app and therefor cannot clear the clipboard. However, with 1Password in the browser you actually don't need to copy anything at all - you can use drag & drop instead. Grab whichever field you need in the extension with your mouse, drag it over the field on the website/app you need to login to and drop it in the appropriate field. This will completely bypass the clipboard :)

• el613
    el613
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.