Standalone questions.

Most kindly asking for help, many years have passed since I purchased my first 1Password license. I purchased a standalone on October 19th of last year. I prefer the standalone as opposed the subscription. It is a matter of preference, I want to use this license to (as I have always done) install on my desktop iMac and MacBook Pro. I want to continue to sync in iCloud (as I have always done).
Currently, each time upon launch, I'm presented with an add to upgrade to the subscription and I find no edit button to change or update my passwords,
How can I configure my standalone version of 1Password to work in the manner I am accustomed to, with out the ad that pops up each time and to edit my iCloud synced vault. ( I have one vault).
Thanks for the help.
Ray Souza

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.23
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@raydeez

I most often see this happen when someone has accidentally downloaded a copy of 1Password from the Mac App Store. Is that a possibility? I ask because only the version of 1Password downloaded from our site makes use of our licenses. The version from the Mac App Store only supports our membership options. If that sounds like it may be the cause, please use this set of instructions to switch to the website version. The first link below will guide you and show you which version of the app you have installed. If you have the Mac App Store version installed, the second one will help you switch over.

How to keep 1Password up to date

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

• Oh my! what a simple solution. Thank you for the help, I will do as you suggest and see how it goes.
    My warmest regards from the most loyal of users.
    Ray Souza

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

On behalf of Tommy, you are welcome @raydeez! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Can someone help me too? I have a stabndalone version of 4 for windows but I can't locate my license key. I'm 99% sure I bought it. I'm a long time customer with a Mac version and iOS but just can find my key for a reinstall of Windows. Can you help?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @Miles Cortez

Our team would be happy to assist, but we're unable to help with sharing private information such as license keys in this public forum. If you could please contact us via email we can speak privately that way:

Contact Us

Thanks!

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file