Is Beta #32 available 03/31? [Yes, 8.0.32 beta is out right now]

mrochemroche
edited April 1 in Linux Beta

DNF is reporting an 8.0.32-55324 package available, just wanted to make sure that's kosher.

Cheers,
Mike

1Password Version: 8.0.30-53266
Extension Version: Beta 1.24.7
OS Version: RHEL 8.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @mroche,

Yes, it is totally legit. We're working on the announcement post as we speak.

Changelog is posted as well on our site: https://releases.1password.com/linux/0.9/#1password-for-linux-0.9.32

• Thanks @MikeT! Those notes weren't up earlier when I checked, next time I'll be a bit more patient ;)

Cheers,
    Mike

• lumarellumarel
    edited March 31

I'm also already playing with the .32 Beta :chuffed:
    Am really amazed how god the Wayland support including touch got up to now!

Only the collection switching button in the upper left corner (and some other buttons) does always open instead of toggle when tapped with the finger.
    (Fedora 33, Gnome 3.38.5, Wayland)

Team Member

@lumarel, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Am really amazed how god the Wayland support including touch got up to now!

I'm still waiting for nVidia's next stable drivers (470.xx) to come, it is supposed to enable Wayland support for those of us with nVidia GPUs.

Plus they even enabled GPU passthrough support in the current beta drivers for Windows VMs. I'm anxious to give it a try.

Only the collection switching button in the upper left corner (and some other buttons) does always open instead of toggle when tapped with the finger.

Hmm, I'll see if I can find someone with a touchscreen to take a look. Thanks for letting us know.

• lumarellumarel
    edited April 1

@MikeT, yeah this could take some more time until NVIDIA has progressed the nouveau driver far enough that it is usable for the daily usage ^^
    I "fortunately" have an Intel iGPU :lol:
    And I was already waiting for years for a stable support, but now I can definitely tell, Wayland with GNOME on a Convertible works so great!

Hmm, I'll see if I can find someone with a touchscreen to take a look. Thanks for letting us know.

If somebody of you has a ThinkPad with a Touchscreen it works with the latest Fedora out of the box :+1:

Team Member

If somebody of you has a ThinkPad with a Touchscreen it works with the latest Fedora out of the box :+1:

I didn't have great success last time (ThinkPad Extreme G1) with Fedora, only Pop_OS worked great on it. It doesn't have a drive yet as I've moved it to my primary desktop PC.

I'll see if I can find a cheap drive and pop it back in, give it a try again on the latest release. 🤞

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file