1Password for Linux, #32

SavanniSavanni

Team Member
edited April 1 in Linux Beta

Good morning, Linux-land!

Last week we decided to focus on quality of life improvements and stomped on lots of bugs. We were having so much fun that we just pushed the release back a few days so we could keep adding to it. As a result, we have a huge 48 improvements in this week's release! 😄

Check out our release notes for a full list.

Documents, Improved

Amongst the new features is that we've streamlined our support for encrypted documents this week. We added the ability to download documents a month ago in 0.9.26. In our testing, we found that it would be better to download documents to the Downloads folder where they can be more easily found.

This week, though, you can now upload documents to the application directly!

You have always been able to upload documents through the website, but this feature feels much more natural to me. You can bet I'm going to be using this for sharing sensitive documents with my family.

Since I can also add guests to my 1Password for Families account, it becomes easy for me safely put a document in a vault that I can then easily share with one of my friends! Or while buying a house, I could set up a shared account where my legal team and my real estate agent can safely share sensitive documents that they need, but that an impersonator may want.

This is a killer feature for me, so I am thrilled to now have it in 1Password for Linux.

1Password Linux Beta Survey

As we continue development, we'd love to hear from our Beta community about your experience with 1Password for Linux so far. If you have participated in the Linux Development Preview or Beta at any time, we want to hear from you!

1Password Linux Beta Survey

This survey helps us understand what we're doing well, and what we need to improve in future versions of 1Password for Linux. Participation in the survey is completely optional and if you do choose to participate, your feedback is kept anonymous.

Installing and upgrading

Go to the getting started guide for instructions on installing or updating 1Password.

Thank you for your patience, thank you for your feedback, and thank you for your support. We are always trying to make 1Password work better for more people, and we cannot do that without the feedback you have been giving us for the last six months.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file