passaggio da kaspersky password managaer a 1password

ciao a tutti
è possibile fare export di tutte le password da Kaspersky Password Manager e portarle in 1password?
Grazie saluti

Hello to all
is it possible to export all passwords from Kaspersky Password Manager and import to 1password?
Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalBDenalB
    edited April 3

Hi again @aleangiulli ! 😉

If you are able to export as a csv file you are able to import it into 1Password.

You can read about it here:
    https://support.1password.com/import/

Also there is an importer written by @MrC for the community (https://1password.community/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager) But It looks like the importer is not able to handle export files from Kaspersky. 🤔

• MrCMrC Community Moderator
    edited April 4

@aleangiulli ,

Kaspersky exports as a plain text file, and it will need to be formatted as CSV to import into 1Password.

If you are on Windows, 1Password for Windows will not import the Notes from Kaspersky - it can only import Logins. If you are on a Mac, then you'll be able to import the Notes.

EDIT: It appears 1Password for Windows no longer supports CSV imports. I just learned that now.

In either case, the Notes and the Logins will need to be placed into their own separate CSV file - they cannot be mixed into the same file.

If you want to use the csv converter from the converter suite, you'll be able to import both Logins and Notes (on either platform).

Ask if you need help.

• i have kaspersky on windows
    I have no notes, I only have passwords

how do i convert txt file to csv?
    thanks

@aleangiulli

I updated my comment above with an EDIT. It appears 1Password for Windows no longer supports CSV imports. I just learned that now.

So, for Windows, you have two options:

1) If you have a 1Password.com account, you can import CSV. This article explains how the data must be formatted.

2) Use the converter suite mentioned above. Follow the directions, and inside the suite, there is a README file, which explains how the CSV file must be formatted.

In either case, you'll likely want to use a spreadsheet program to edit your export to create the rows and columns of data, and then export as CSV.

• what do you mean by 1password for windows?
    aren't 1password for windows and 1password.com the same?

• DenalBDenalB
    edited April 12

aren't 1password for windows and 1password.com the same?

"1Password for Windows" is the Windows desktop app which you have to install on your Windows operating system. "1Password.com" is the web-frontend which you can reach in every browser no matter which operating system you are using.

With both you are using / managing your online vault with a 1Password membership. ;)

Get to know 1Password for Windows
    View and edit your items on 1Password.com

• OK perfect.
    to import a password, where should it be done?

• Like @MrC wrote here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/594764/#Comment_594764

So, for Windows, you have two options:
    1. If you have a 1Password.com account, you can import CSV. This article explains how the data must be formatted.
    2. Use the converter suite mentioned above. Follow the directions, and inside the suite, there is a README file, which explains how the CSV file must be formatted.

• hello, I read the post but I didn't understand how can I transform the txt file into csv?

from my kaspersky password manager program, it exports to txt only

@aleangiulli

Hold on, I'll have something to help you with this tomorrow.

edited April 13

@aleangiulli ,

I've created a converter for Kaspersky, and will have it for you in the morning (California time). I just need to clean up, and test a few more things before I have you try it.

In the mean time, head over to the converter suite, download it, and follow the instructions for setting up for Windows in Step 2 of the README. Doing this now will get you ready for the converter module I'll provide in the morning.

Example test run:

@aleangiulli ,

The kaspersky converter is ready for you. I have updated the converter suite package. Throw away your current mrc-converter-suite folder, and re-download the update, and follow the directions in the README.

Let me know if you have any issues, or need any assistance.

• ok i try, thank you so much for your help
    but with excel, it is not possible to open the txt file and save it in csv?

thank you

edited April 13

@aleangiulli

You're welcome.

The text file export is not in a tabular format. Example:

So you'd have to manually make that look something like:

Now that was painful just formatting the 4 entries. Good luck with many!

Again, unless you have a 1Password.com account, you won't be able to import the CSV anyway (as per what I wrote a few days ago, above).

With the converter suite and the new kaspersky converter, you don't need to do anything to the raw text export.

@aleangiulli

Hold on... I need to make a change...

edited April 14

@aleangiulli

Ok, sorry about that. I needed to correct something in the code.

You can either:

• Re-download the entire converter suite and replace yours.

or

• Download the file Kaspersky.pm in the Custom folder at the converter suite location, and place that Kaspersky.pm file into the Converters folder inside the mrc-converter-suite folder, replace the existing one.
  • Thank you very much for the good work @MrC ! :+1:

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Indeed, thank you very much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file