Had a breach of my lockbox with Emergency Kit. What is my risk?

I use a 1password family account.

Had a breach of my deposit box containing my Emergency Kit. It was drilled open because the bank was closing. While I don't really expect any evil intent from the bank staff or locksmith, it's still good to know my exposure.

I assume with my Account Key and Master Password, a user can open my account. What I can't remember is whether 1password sends any notification if the account is accessed from a new device. Or requires confirmation from an existing device when a new device is added. Or even lists sign ins.

Help much appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:see device logins

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

@gmcinnes If you don't have two factor authentication turned-on then someone with access to your secret key and master password can authorise a new device and download your database to it.

1Password sends you an email when a new device is authorised. Your authorised devices are listed on the following page:

https://my.1password.com/profile

You can regenerate your secret key and change your master password on the same page.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

Hi @gmcinnes!

What I can't remember is whether 1password sends any notification if the account is accessed from a new device.

It does :+1:

Or requires confirmation from an existing device when a new device is added

It will in case you have 2FA enabled for your 1Password account:

Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

Or even lists sign ins.

It does: on 1Password.com it's in your My Profile page > Authorized Devices list.

In your case, I recommend changing your Secret Key and Master Password though, if they were exposed.

This discussion has been closed.