Search functionality seems to be broken with latest update - 1password for linux 8.0.33-26.BETA

Search functionality seems to be broken with latest update - 1password for linux 8.0.33-26.BETA. When I enter an item in the search box and click on "Show all matching items", on the left side, it just says - Searching for "" at the top and empty pane below it with just "Searching" written. It doesn't return anything in the end.
It was working fine right before upgrading to this version.

1Password Version: 8.0.33-26.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux (Linux Mint 20.1)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Search functionality seems to be broken with latest update - 1password for linux 8.0.33-26.BETA

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hi @anishva,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! Are you experiencing this issue every time you search for an item, or does it happen sporadically? Is it one search term specifically, or does it happen with any search?

• anishvaanishva
    edited April 15

Hi @Dayton_ag ,
    Thanks very much for your reply. On testing a few times, it does appear to be sporadic. And it's not just a particular search term either. It has happened with a number of search terms so far.
    I've noticed that a particular search term did work a handful of times but failed more often. Another behaviour I'm seeing is: say I wanted to search for a 3 letter search term and that failed to produce any results. I then enter the first 2 letters of it and that produces the search results correctly. Again, this seems to be sporadic as well, so I'm not really able to conclusively say what the exact scenario might be.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

@anishva Thanks so much for performing those tests! I reached out to a few colleagues and it appears that they've tracked down what's been going on behind the scenes, and a fix for this should be available in next week's release. Once that becomes available, could you give it a shot and let me know if the search issue resolves for you?

• Hi @Dayton_ag ,
    Thanks very much for the prompt response. That's good news. I'll look forward to next week's release. Will test it again and update here.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member
    edited April 16

@anishva

Any time! That sounds good, I look forward to hearing how it goes. :smile:

• Hi @Dayton_ag ,
    Just wanted to report that after installing the latest update (released on April 20), quick tests suggest that search functionality is working fine again. Thanks again for your help.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey @anishva, that's great! I'm seeing improved search performance as well - it's a win all around. :chuffed: Let me know if I can assist with anything else - I'm always happy to help!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file