Can't save a new login or save an edit to an existing login.

If I edit an existing login and put a new password in and then hit save, nothing happens.

If I create a new login, it wont let me save it. No errors, just clicking save does nothing.

Pop_!os (Ubuntu) 20.10
!Password: 8.0.33-26.BETA

1Password Version: 8.0.33-26.BETA
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Pop_!os 20.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @fullclip, thanks so much for writing in with this issue - I'm sorry this is happening. Let's see what we can do to get it sorted. :smile:

Has this issue been ongoing, or is it a recent issue? Does it seem to correspond to a device or app event, such as an app update (1Password or otherwise)? Does a reboot of the device get things working again?

Could you try signing into your 1Password account at 1Password.com, creating a new test entry, and then check and see if that new test entry appears in the 1Password for Linux desktop app?

Thanks again, I look forward to getting you back up and running!

• Hi @Dayton_ag

This is a brand new issue! I think there may have been an update as I now seem to have a 1password icon in the status bar which I don't recall seeing before?

I created a new login using 1passwordX and that login isn't being shown in the 1password desktop app.

Now I'm also getting a window showing js errors (see attached) and when you click ok, it crashes the 1password app.

I haven't rebooted no, I've got a lot of work going on so can't right now :)

• Hrm, I fully quit and restarted the app and now it's working perfectly!

Sorry if I've wasted your time here @Dayton_ag !!

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey @fullclip, thanks for sharing that information, it's helpful! Seems a full quit and re-start of the app got things going again, so I wonder if an update may have locked things up temporarily. I'm glad to hear that things are working for you - let me know if this happens for you again, and in the meantime I'll see if I'm able to reproduce this on my machine. Thanks again for sharing your feedback! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file