Linux install terminal question

New here. I have a question about installing 1Password through Terminal. Do I copy/paste all the code from blue box#1 into Terminal, then C&P from box#2, etc.? I'm not having any luck getting this installed.

And thanks for a Linux version!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @Ozarks, welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - let's get things back up and running.

Do I copy/paste all the code from blue box#1 into Terminal, then C&P from box#2, etc.?

That's correct! Copy the contents of the Code box in step 1, and paste it into your terminal - if the code doesn't run automatically, hit Enter. Repeat this for each step in the process, and 1Password should be installed and ready to run at the end. :smile:

If you're running into a particular issue, or if you're seeing an Error message in the terminal after running a particular command, let me know and I'll be happy to help you through it. :smile: Thanks, I look forward to hearing how it goes!

• It seemed to work this time. Thanks for replying.
    The only thing I did differently was to remove the leading spaces in the beginning of the code. Not sure that should make a difference, but it worked.

Do I still need the extensions in each browser I use? If so, I don't see the point in the separate program for the OS. Perhaps you can clarify this for me. Thanks!

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey @Ozarks, that's great! I do apologise for the difficulty.

Do I still need the extensions in each browser I use?

1Password in the browser will need to be installed in each browser you with to use 1Password with - this is because the extension is able to read what's happening in the browser to provide proper Autofill context, which isn't possible with the desktop app by itself.

Along with the fuller feature-set available with the desktop app, 1Password in the browser will be able to share the lock-state of the desktop app - no more typing in your Master Password in each browser extension separately.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file