User-configurable Browser Integration Not Working (for me)

I'm trying to have Vivaldi use the Linux desktop beta. I have the 1.24.1 version of the extension and 8.0.33_26.BETA-26 of the 1Password desktop.

i used the example and uncommented vivaldi-bin in the /etc/1password/custom_allowed_browsers file. After some failures, I tried adding additional lines in response to the error messages

/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi-bin
vivaldi-bin
opera
"/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi-bin"

I still get this message in the Browser support logs:

INFO 2021-04-20T08:19:07.033 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/main.rs:47] Starting 1Password-BrowserSupport
INFO 2021-04-20T08:19:07.034 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/browser_verification/linux.rs:26] Verifying browser "/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi-bin"
ERROR 2021-04-20T08:19:07.172 main(ThreadId(1)) [1P:native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/main.rs:52] UnknownBrowser(/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi-bin)
Happened in: native-messaging/op-browser-support/src/browser_verification/linux.rs:84
Additional error context: /opt/vivaldi/vivaldi-bin isn't a supported browser

Is there something I need to add/adjust?

Jay

Comments

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member
    edited May 5

Hey there @arroznegro, thanks so much for writing in! I tested this out and got it to work, but it took a little extra doing - here's what worked for me:

1. Ensure that 1Password for Linux is installed along with 1Password in your browser, and that browser integration is enabled from Settings → Browser.
    2. Close 1Password completely.
    3. Pop open a terminal, and run sudo mkdir /etc/1password (if you've done this already, you can skip it).
    4. Run cd /etc/1password.
    5. Run sudo gedit custom_allowed_browsers.
    6. Paste in the appropriate browser code - such as opera or vivaldi-bin.
    7. Save the file.
    8. In terminal, run sudo chown root:root /etc/1password/custom_allowed_browsers && sudo chmod 755 /etc/1password/custom_allowed_browsers
    9. Run 1Password - it will read our new config file and make the appropriate connections.
    10. Launch your browser - wait a moment, and the integration will commence! It will rise like a phoenix!
  • Truer words have not been spoken!! Works like a charm. I checked the others and they are good!

Browser "/usr/lib/firefox/firefox" verified successfully
    Browser "/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi-bin" verified successfully
    Browser "/usr/lib/chromium/chromium" verified successfully

Thanks so much!

jay

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey @arroznegro,

YES! That's excellent, I'm glad things are back in business! Let me know if I can help out with anything else. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file