Facing issue on Mac after upgrading to subscription

Options
TR007
TR007
Community Member

I had standalone licence and recently upgraded to subscription. No issue on Windows and iOs devices and everything went smooth. On Mac however, for some reason, it still has old vault and even though I added newer vault that I created after subscription, old vault is still there and it asks me the master password for old vault only and not the new. It opens both vaults once I enter the password though. The old vault is actually empty. I tried to delete old vault but nothing happens after pressing delete button - just a white window opens and stays open. what I am looking for is the new 1Password only have new vault and new master password.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TR007!

The correct thing to do is indeed to remove the old vault from the app, so now we need to find out why you are not able to do this at the moment, and why you see that white window. As a first quick test, can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Are you able to delete the Primary vault now?

• TR007
    TR007
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Thanks for reply. I have tried that already "Quit 1Password Completely" and it does not work. I tried it this morning as well again. There are two vaults listed Personal and Primary. Personal is listed under my name (subscription) and Primary is listed under ON ICLOUD. I am selecting primary and trying to delete it and I see white window. If I try again there is another white window and so forth until I completely quit from mini bar. Another things I have tried are switching vaults and turning off and on iCloud.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

@TROO7

The developers are looking into the behavior. I'm sorry for the trouble you've had.

--

A potential solution would be to reset the Mac app and set it up from scratch while the developers investigate.

The following steps will remove all local data and allow you to set up the Mac app anew.

• Be sure that you intend to remove all previous data before following these steps.
    1. Verify you can access https://my.1password.com and have a copy of your Emergency Kit. * Please double check and make sure all of your data is present.

2. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

3. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

4. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your cloud data. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

5. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select the 1Password.com option, sign in to your account. * If you see the option for signing into your old account, please use the section to sign into a different account.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4883

• TR007
    TR007
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! Thank you so much! This solved the problem.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

That's what we like to hear. :lol: Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.