Editing an item blocks desktop switch in Logi Options

Options
AUSFestivus
AUSFestivus
Community Member

Okay, here is a good one.

I have a Logitech Wireless Mobile Mouse MX Anywhere 2S. To use this mouse and all its functionality I have to have Logi Options installed and running. (https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/options/Options_8.50.210.zip).

I have Logi Options configured to allow me to switch desktops on my Mac by just clicking the wheel left or right.
Works a treat.

Except when I am editing an item in 1password. If I click the "edit" button in 1password on an item, the left and right wheel click stop working. I cannot change desktops on my Mac using the wheel click on my mouse when editing an item in 1password. Weird.

Everything is up to date. Logi Options works fine at all other times.

1Password Version: 7.8.1 (70801003)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1password sync (families and teams)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AUSFestivus!

The only thing I can think of here is if secure input in macOS could have something to do with this (which is activated when 1Password is in Edit mode). But unfortunately I don't believe I have a Logitech mouse here to test this :(

• AUSFestivus
    AUSFestivus
    Community Member
    Options

So, what's next to resolve this? Is it a 1password or Logitech issue? God help me I have to raise this up to Logitech. Their customer support is notoriously poor.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021
    Options

@AUSFestivus:

My suspicion is that it's a Logitech issue: my thinking is that it's the Logitech Options app that is not switching desktop despite being configured to do so, since the configuration is done through their app. I don't believe 1Password even sees what is happening outside of it when it comes to mouse configuration.

For example, as an additional test, are you able to switch desktops "manually" (without the mouse buttons), when you have 1Password open in Edit mode? If you can, then it means that there is nothing stopping you from doing that while 1Password is in Edit mode, so that should work also with a mouse button configured with Logitech Options.

This discussion has been closed.