One-Time password OTP not valid

salnayilsalnayil
edited April 22 in Linux Beta

I did a search but could not find an ongoing discussion.

Linux Beta 8.0.33-40.BETA version

OTP is the wrong code on all accounts. I have another device and can confirm that they are always different and that they are wrong on the linux install. I can work around it, but wanted to bring it up to see if it is a known issue being worked or a new one.

Thanks for the work on linux 1password. It was one of the last missing pieces for me to be able to go Linux 100% for work due to the number of accounts I had and I did not want to change password mgmt systems.

Thanks

1Password Version: Linux Beta 8.0.33-40.BETA
Extension Version: Not Used
OS Version: Arch Linux rolling
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Found the 2FA thread. Was looking for OTP or one-time password in my search. I'll post this to there.

• Issue with 2FA that it has the wrong code. I can confirm that the code being generated is not the same as what is in sync on my other devices that are non linux. When attempting to login to a site I have 2FA on the code from my other devices work while the 6 digits being generated by the linux 1 password app are different and do not work.

Arch Linux rolling, up to date as of 04/20/21.
    Gnome Desktop
    8.0.33-40.BETA
    No browser extension in use

Not a show stopper for me but wanted to present the issue during beta.

Let me know what other items may be useful or what to look at.

• SystemSystem

Team Member
    This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Linux 2FA FAQ.
  • Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @salnayil, thanks so much for bringing this up!

Could you confirm if your system time is set correctly for your current location? 1Password generates the time-based one time passwords based on the system time, so if the clock is off (even by as little as 15-30 seconds), the generated codes will not work. You can use a resource such as Https://time.is to check your system time.

• Dayotn_ag,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't notice the time slide and my system was off by 2 minutes. That has been corrected and an ntp resource put in place that will keep it that way. I appreciate the support.

I felt a little silly that it was only that, but better than a larger issue. :)

Thanks

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

@salnayil No problem at all, no reason to feel silly! Having reliable access to your data is definitely a reason for concern - I would've done the exact same thing. :chuffed: I'm glad we got this sorted out for you. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file