Impossible to login to 1Password app for the first time on Ubuntu using an already logged in device

SuttungrSuttungr
edited April 25 in Linux Beta

I am trying to login first time into 1Password on Linux. I choose to login and end up on this page.

On this page I proceed to choose "Computer" because I am already logged in the app on the other PC.

Next page tells that I gotta find a computer where I am already logged in(I am logged in the app and also I logged in the extension on Windows on the other PC, because I couldn't login using only the app itself previously) and then open the 1Password on this device using the button.
I proceed by pressing that button and 1Password opens up again without logging me it and showing me the same message in the window as before.

Logging in on Linux using other logged in PC doesn't work.

If I choose "Phone or Tablet", being logged in in the phone, nothing happens as well.

1Password Version: 8.0.33-39.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I experienced this as well, on Ubuntu 21.04.

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

Hey there @Suttungr, thanks for writing in with this feedback - I sincerely apologize for the difficulties. The sign-in flow here is definitely on our radar for improvement. In the meantime, we suggest using the manual sign-in option at the bottom of the desktop app, and typing in your account details manually or copy/pasting from your Emergency Kit.

Thanks again - let me know if I can help with anything else! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file