Toggle to disable watchtower 2FA notification in the extension?

Perhaps its too early and my coffee hasnt yet permeated, but im totally not seeing the toggle in the extension. I know it exists in the desktop app and I assume parity between the two is the goal.

Is this not there? Not going to be put there/aka missing for a reason? Just not there "yet"?

I'm curious, I find the banners distracting and annoying and for me in most cases 2FA is un-necessary. The places I find them necessary I use them and as such I'd prefer to not be hammered with a banner on 50% of my logins as many places support it to varying degrees now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @klepp0906!

I am not aware of a toggle to do this, but I know that you can suppress 2FA warnings if you add the 2fa tag to those items. Is that working for you?

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member

okay, at least i know im not blind or being annoying. #featurerequest

I was aware of the 2FA tag ala searching, but the sheer number of logins I have relative to the number of sites supporting 2FA makes tagging them all unrealistic.

one would think implementing a toggle that does that under the hood would be the ideal solution to be fair. for parities sake and for the UX in general. Of course as a non developer I cant pretend to know if hurdles exist for doing so in an extension relative to a standalone app so there very well could be a technical reason for its omission.

Either way, thank you for the reply :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @klepp0906! I am not a developer either, but I have passed your suggestion to the rest of the team ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

This discussion has been closed.