1Password for Linux, 8.0.33-69

James.Dressel_1PJames.Dressel_1P

Team Member
edited May 4 in Linux Beta

Howdy Linux users!

Another week, another beta out the door. I think you'll enjoy the changes. We've continued to iterate on the browser integrations, improved Watchtower, and more! As always, you'll find a larger list in our release notes. Some of my favorite changes are in Quick Find, Files and Setup another device.

Quick Find

Quick Find now shows more information about the displayed results. For example, I can now tell apart my two example.com entries by their usernames.

Files

Ever wish you could add a file attachment to any items you want instead of just a Document item?

Your wish has been granted! You can now add files to all item categories. You can also add multiple files to each item! I'm excited to use this for saving scans of my driver's license with it's information. You can also create new document items with drag and drop.

Set up another device

We made it easier to setup new devices. After clicking on Set up another device... we provide the manual sign-in details. So you can setup a new device. We also provide a qr code that can be scanned.

Installing and upgrading

Go to the getting started guide for instructions on installing or updating 1Password.

And that is all for this week! Have a good week, and we will be back next week with yet more updates!

Comments

• Could someone please clarify

1Password in your browser can now process the Open and Fill requests without opening a separate page first.

I just updated to the latest 1P/Linux and if I click Open and Fill when the browser is closed, I still get the 1P web page before being redirected to the desired site. If the browser is already open, it goes directly to the desired site (I'm assuming that's because 1P/Browser is already unlocked).

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi @johann_koebbe,

I just updated to the latest 1P/Linux and if I click Open and Fill when the browser is closed, I still get the 1P web page before being redirected to the desired site. If the browser is already open, it goes directly to the desired site (I'm assuming that's because 1P/Browser is already unlocked).

That is the part that is supposed to be fixed.

Can you confirm if your 1Password extension is up to date, is it 1.25.5 beta?

• @MikeT Yes. When I click on the 1P extension icon, there is the little bell indicating a notification. Clicking on that reveals the message that the extension has been upgraded to 1.25.5.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

I can still reproduce it, I'll check in with the team to see what's up.

• Thanks, @MikeT . :+1:

• Dayton_agDayton_ag

Team Member

@johann_koebbe On behalf of my colleague @MikeT, you're very welcome! We appreciate the feedback on the updates, so we can keep catching these and getting them fixed up. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file