iOS/iPadOS - Always getting prompted for master password for autofill

cobaltjacket
cobaltjacket
Community Member

I have 1Password on iOS and iPadOS 14.5.1. When doing autofill, my phone almost never prompts for FaceID, and my iPad almost never prompts for TouchID. Both options are enabled, and I don't have any issue in other devices. The lock screen does not show the biometric indicator. How do I correct this?

1Password Version: 7.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.5.1
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cobaltjacket!

Please make sure you open and unlock the main app at least once. Afterwards, you should be prompted for Face ID or Touch ID both in the main app and in the autofill extension.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@cobaltjacket:

You are welcome! I am not sure if this is technically feasible at the moment, but it's certainly something we can consider. Ideally in a future iOS version it might not even be necessary, and things would work immediately also from the autofill extension :+1:

• narindo
    narindo
    Community Member

Hi there, just saw this post. I mentioned this a two years ago as well. I assume from an ease of use this must have been spotted and seen the team already.

I assume there is some sandboxing issue happening? Otherwise I wouldn’t understand why this hasn’t been resolved yet. To inform the user like with a suggestions to fill in at least at the 1password app once would indeed makes sense. It is an habit I have been into …. But would be great if I didn’t have to anymore and could unlock it ‘permanently’ within the extension.

• @narindo

I have my hopes that Apple will release some improvements this year at WWDC and make things easier for us all. Time will tell.

This discussion has been closed.