Extension version 2.0 still ignores 'never suggest in browser'

Options
swrobel
swrobel
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I previously reported this here, but it doesn't seem to have been fixed despite the new desktop app integration launched in 2.0. I tested on both Chrome (2.0.0 extension store version) & Firefox (2.0.1 beta)

1Password Version: 7.8.4
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: macOS 11.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_jarek
    Options

Hi @swrobel!

You are correct, "never suggest in browser" at the individual item level is currently not supported by the 1Password browser extension. If you navigate to the settings screen and scroll to the bottom, however, it does provide the ability to toggle individual vaults on / off, and toggling a vault off will prevent items in that vault from being suggested.

Hopefully that's helpful :smile:

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

Are there plans to fix this? It makes no sense since the setting literally says "in browser."

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @swrobel ,
    It's not a bug, it just wasn't implemented yet. It probably will be implemented later on.

In the meantime, as ag_jarek suggested, you can create a new vault, put all the items you don't want in your browser in that vault, then turn off that vault in the extension's settings.
    I hope you'll find this useful for now :)

• harpal
    harpal
    Community Member
    edited July 2021
    Options

Leaving a note to say this is a highly desired feature. It's a pain to shop online as it brings up all debits/credits cards in the list within the browser despite explicitly marking many entries manually as 'Never suggest in browser'.

Browser: Firefox
    1P ver 2.0.4

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021
    Options

Thanks for chiming in @harpal .

In the meantime, as suggested above, if you create a new vault and put all the items you don't want to show up in the browser inside that vault, then turn that vault off in the extension's settings, you won't get these items showing up in suggestions.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#534

• iCloud
    iCloud
    Community Member
    Options

I too had reported that 1password disregards your preference for any entry to not be suggested. Here is link to my first report of this unexpected behavior. I understood then that this feature was there in previous versions but since they are transitioning to new version it is yet to be adopted. But I agree with @swrobel and @harpal that this bug needs to be addressed as a priority.

Also as @ag_yaron suggested, creating another vault as an alternative even though technically possible, it is not a practical suggestion considering this bug also affects the default suggestions of identity and credit cards which gets suggested in all websites regardless. Suggesting to save identities and credit cards in another vault is counter intuitive.

• Hello @iCloud,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that it is not a solution to move items you don't want to "suggest in browser" to a new vault. It is a temporary walkaround while we are working on the feature. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features we offer.

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

@Nhat_Nguyen is there any hope of ever getting this fixed? It's just so galling that a feature that's literally called 'Never suggest in browser' does nothing to stop it from being suggested in the browser! 🤦🏼‍♂️

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@swrobel:

The developers are still aware of the request, but unfortunately they have not had the chance to get to this yet :(

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

...but are the developers aware of how absurd the situation is?!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am not sure what else I can add at this point @swrobel, I will let them know that you have reached out on this again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.