Single license bought thru your store - browser extension requires a membership

PWPPWP
edited June 1 in Purchasing

Hi-

The chrome browser mini extension stopped working & reinstalling requires a membership. I have a stand-alone license purchased from 1Password Store since 2013 (& earlier in Apple app store)

So, how do I install the mini-browser extension without a membership / secret key / account gyrations?

None of the help videos, topics forum items address this dilemma.

UPDATE: Got the mini to install, bit it will not autofill the sites password. It reloads the site URL in the 1PW pop-up window & the pop-up window goes away. Nothing has been changed in 1PW preferences. VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.4 (70804003) MacOS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS BigSur Beta 11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @PWP!

Can you please download the classic extension and see if that works for you?

Get the 1Password classic extension

The classic extension does not require a 1Password Membership and a Secret Key to be used ;)

• PWPPWP

Hi!

I ran disk utility, rebooted, etc & now everything is working as it should be. I still do not understand why a standalone license has gone away. As a single user for over a decade, no family, business, team, etc I'm fine with what I have. Am I going to be shut out of my info
    because I'm not a subscriber??

Thanks!

• brentybrenty 1Password Alumni
    edited June 1

We stopped marketing standalone/licenses years ago because there's a better option now, and while it comes up occasionally we can respond and that's still much less hassle for people compared to the confusion and frustration folks had trying to use 1Password seamlessly across their devices as a result, not having what they wanted and needed.

We don't lock anyone out of their data. If you're having trouble accessing it, you can contact us like in the discussion here and we can help you, as long as it isn't something fundamental like you don't have a copy of the encrypted vault and/or the password to decrypt it. Even someone with a 1Password membership account who doesn't pay can access their data to export it, as the account would just be frozen (read-only) without a subscription.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file