Mac Firefox extension doesn't work at all

Options
jrothlis
jrothlis
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Brand new clean Firefox 89.0 install from scratch on Big Sur 11.4. Firefox 1Password plugin 2.0.2. Installing the extension yields the 1Password icon in the Firefox toolbar, but clicking on the 1Password icon does absolutely nothing. I can right-click it and select e.g. Manage Extension, but that does nothing useful. How is it possible for core functionality to just not work?

If I quit Firefox and re-open it, and click the 1Password icon as soon as Firefox launches, I get a 1Password popup that says "Syncing" -- it never finishes syncing, and if I click away and click the icon again nothing happens. It is only the first click that yields the popup.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox extension 2.0.2
OS Version: Big Sur 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jrothlis!

How long have you let the window sync, when that message appears?

• jrothlis
    jrothlis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. A minute...? I only have maybe a couple of hundred passwords...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jrothlis – That doesn't sound right! 🤔

Can you try right clicking the 1Password icon? You mentioned you see an option that allows you to manage the extension, but do you see an option for Settings? If so, click that. Do you see your 1Password account signed in when you scroll to the bottom of that page?

If you're not able to access the Settings page, let's try removing and reinstalling 1Password in your browser. Here's how to do that:

1. Click the Firefox menu (three horizontal lines) in the toolbar and choose Add-ons.
    2. Find 1Password and click Remove.
    3. Install 1Password in your browser here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager/?src=search

Let me know how you get on!

• jrothlis
    jrothlis
    Community Member
    Options

Ah thanks. Shouldn't clicking on the 1Password icon for the first time launch a login screen? How is the user expected to know they have to right-click, choose settings, scroll all the way to the bottom of a long page, and then sign in!?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2021
    Options

@jrothlis:

When things are configured properly, the extension behaves exactly like you are saying. If something gets stuck, these additional instructions should help, but you should not need to follow them all the time, just once ;)

• jrothlis
    jrothlis
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I suggest you log an issue with engineering then. This could not be a cleaner and more perfect opportunity for the Firefox extension to work out of the box.

• @jrothlis

Thank you for the feedback. I'll be happy to pass it along to our development team. If there is anything else we can do to help, do hot hesitate to let us know. In the meantime, thank you for your support!

This discussion has been closed.