Custom Icons are not yet implemented in 1Password 8 [Viewing available in nightly]

2»

Comments

• @DenalB

You're more than welcome to switch back to 1Password 7 for the time-being!

As we've mentioned, we're eager to bring custom icons to 1Password 8, but for the time being, you're definitely going to want to use 1Password 7 for a stable experience.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@Blake

You're more than welcome to switch back to 1Password 7 for the time-being!

Thanks!

But I love testing 1PW8. I love the new UI and the dark mode... I'll come back to test 1PW8 again as soon as my custom icons are visible. ;)

• :smile::+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

New version 8.1.2-62 was released and still no support for custom icons... :cry:
    https://releases.1password.com/windows/#1password-for-windows-8.1.2-62

Any ETA when custom icons will be supported again?

• Blake
    edited July 2021

There's no ETA available at this time, whenever Custom Icons are implemented, we'll update everyone here in this thread.

Thanks for understanding! 😊

• Mosabon
    Mosabon
    Community Member

Just searched for the missing custom icons and found this topic. Hope this feature will be added soon - I miss them as well...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your feedback as well @Mosabon, indeed hopefully this is something that the team can add back soon :)

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member

+1 for custom icons. I'd like to see this supported well into the future.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Noted @nimvio, thank you :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I Just installed 1Password for Windows 8.2.2 (80202068 NIGHTLY) and at least I can see all my custom icons set in 1Password 7! Yes. Looks good so far. But I couldn't find a way to change them. ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Same on 80202069 on macOS (guess that's an advantage of this shared code approach?).

Super happy to recognise my entries again! :)

Hope I can soon modify the ones I recently added in 1Password 8.

• guess that's an advantage of this shared code approach?

💯 Generally speaking, when we bring out a feature for 1Password 8, it'll be available on all platforms. Finally. 😁

Well spotted about the custom icons being visible in the nightly. More work to do here still but it is a good start!

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @XIII !

Hope I can soon modify the ones I recently added in 1Password 8.

You already are able to do that on 1Password.com! That's what I do when creating new entries, switching to 1Password.com and change the icon. ;)

Hi @Ben !

More work to do here still but it is a good start!

Indeed, it is a good start! I'm looking forward to the final state of this feature. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.