Feature: Ability to use strict URL matching for password reccomendations

Hello,

I work for the University of Cincinnati, and all of our login pages are *.uc.edu, but don't necessarily use the same login credentials.

When I'm trying to log into one of these sites, 1Password suggests every *.uc.edu password that I have saved for each site even though the url field is specific to foo.uc.edu.

Could you add a feature that would allow me to say for *.uc.edu sites, only suggest a password if the exact base url is matched?

Thanks,
Wes

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited June 28

Hi @reediculous456!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• Hello.

I have the same problem./wish.
    Please please implement this feature.

And it would be very helpful in daily use.

Thanks
    Tom

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the feedback too @tt_tom, I have let the developers know that you would also find this useful :+1:

• Yes, subdomain URL matching would be helpful

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you as well @ThoughtfullyYours21, noted :)

• Please add this, it's a common feature amongst password managers, and absolutely necessary in my opinion. Being presented with 40+ options for a credential because only the main URL is considered is not useful at all!

It also doesn't remember which account was used last against a domain, I would expect the last used to jump to the top of the list.

We are currently testing a business plan for what will be 20+ users, but some of the core features are lacking against cheaper alternatives.

• jack.plattenjack.platten

Team Member

Thank you for adding your +1 @DavidBowring, I've added you as well. :smile:

• Yep, I totally agree with this. Although this is not a problem for me anymore, it was a huge issue when I used to work for Amazon Web Services. When working for AWS, I used to be presented with all of my personal passwords for my Amazon consumer accounts, then all of the passwords for Amazon Subdomains for internal intranet sites. But the security was so strict that there were many custom URLs that drove me crazy! (Oh, and then they insisted we all use KeePass! Arghhh!) Thankfully I don't have this problem anymore, but this should definitely be a consideration for people who use 1Password at work.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Noted @sspaus, thank you for the feedback as well :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file