Stand Alone vs Subscription question

2stepbay2stepbay Junior Member

I have used 1Password on my Mac since 2011. Also have it installed on my iPhone and iPad. All syncs occur via iCloud. As I'm the only user on the computer and various devices, it seems using a stand-alone version would best suit my password security needs. Yet, I have been on the subscription plan since the outset.

So here's my questions: I'm currently using v7.8.6. Recently my subscription lapsed freezing me out of my account and essentially rendering the software on my computer useless (cannot add logins etc). I was under the impression that if I didn't use the subscription I could continue using the app but would lose the ability to upgrade it. Yet, from the prompts I'm now seeing I realize this is incorrect. It appears that when I upgraded from 1PW v6 to 7, I became a subscriber, which has led to the current impasse. While I realize there are certain security-related advantages to maintaining the subscription, it seems fundamentally wrong that basic functions such as adding or deleting various passwords would be frozen until the subscription was reactivated.

As a long-time user, I'd appreciate some feedback here about the rationale for removing basic functions from the app when a subscription lapses.

Thanks, Joseph

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @2stepbay!

It sounds like the license you purchased was valid for 1Password version 6, and that you then upgraded to 1Password version 7 by activating the subscription. Now that the subscription has run out, your account is frozen if your license is indeed valid for version 6:

If your 1Password account is frozen

We will be happy to help you with this though. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to [email protected] from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file