Support for multiple users on same computer

Options

My wife and I both use 1Password. We are on the same family account, just different vaults.
We were previously able to both use 1Password on Chrome by having two different user profiles. At some point this just stopped working - I keep trying to switch accounts in the 1Password extension, which just brings up the Desktop App, which then tells me I can only have 1 user active at a time. Is this no longer supported?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: MacOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @JonRigert

It certainly still is supported. The recent update of 1Password for your browser released a feature we call Shared Lock State. This allows 1Password in the browser to share the lock state with the 1Password desktop application. However, that changes the locking behaviour of 1Password in the browser. When you unlock 1Password in your browser it will now follow the auto lock settings you have set in the 1Password desktop app.

Since you're using two separate profiles in Chrome, we'll want to make sure that we disable integration for the profile that you don't wish to have synced with the desktop app. You can do so as follows:

1. Open Chrome to the profile you don't wish to have synced to the app.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    3. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, make sure you're signed into the 1Password user account you wish to use for that profile.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions.

• JonRigert
    JonRigert
    Community Member
    Options

This worked! Thank you so much :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Chantelle, you are welcome @JonRigert! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.