To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have a membership account, with some. Vaults for remembering PW for family members

Options
Mervyn_Deem
Mervyn_Deem
Community Member

I have used this as my main 1password for a number of years. With the acquisition of smarter devices they can run their own 1 password vault , but I would like to maintain a administrator role. Where do I start?

1Password Version: Version 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Mervyn_Deem

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Our 1Password Families membership offering was designed exactly for this use case. To help get started, could you please confirm a couple of things for me?

1. In 1Password on your Mac, under 1Password > Preferences > Vaults, do you see a vault called 'Primary'? Normally with a 1Password membership you would not have such a vault, but you mentioned iCloud for your Sync Type when opening this thread so I wanted to double check.
    2. in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts do you see an account listed?

Assuming you do not see a Primary vault, and you do see an account, this should be a smooth transition. If either of those are not the case, we can still help you get set up, but please stop here and let me know as there are some additional foundational steps we'll need to take.

The next thing to check would be what type of membership you currently have: individual or 1Password Families. You can check this at https://start.1password.com/billing. If you're already on 1Password Families, great! If not, you can upgrade. To upgrade:

• Sign in to your account at https://start.1password.com using a web browser
    • Click Invite People in the sidebar.
    • Choose Upgrade to 1Password Families and follow the prompts to upgrade your account.

After you’ve upgraded your account, or if you are already using 1Password Families, you can invite your family and start sharing passwords and other information with them:

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. If you do not have a 'Primary' vault, then iCloud is not involved in syncing your 1Password data. Your sync type would be '1Password.com' :)

• Mervyn_Deem
    Mervyn_Deem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben
    I will follow your suggestions and complete the change from there. I notice the online backup vault, it has set a Family Vault contains my personal and the previous defence vaults.
    I presume I can complete the account switchover from there. Then issue the ‘invites and set vault characteristics from there also.
    Mervyn.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021
    Options

@Mervyn_Deem

Sounds like you are talking about the web interface. If so, yes most options are all set from there. There are some that are device specific like Face ID/Touch ID etc.

This discussion has been closed.