1Password 8 for Mac Beta 🥰
I'm very excited to announce we're bringing the next generation of 1Password to the Mac. 🎉
1Password 8 has been completely recreated and reimagines everything that makes 1Password great. Today we’re opening early access so you can get in on the fun.
Keep in mind this is an early access so it should be used for testing and validation purposes only and is not suitable for business critical environments. For a stable experience on Mac, continue to use 1Password 7 for now.
Start by downloading and launching our new installer:
When you get to the welcome screen, sign in to your 1Password account. If you are not yet subscribed to 1Password.com (or .ca🇨🇦 / .eu🇪🇺) see Setting up a new 1Password.com account for details on creating an account and migrating over your data.
You'll also want to use the beta release of 1Password in your browser:
- 1Password for Safari
- 1Password for Edge
- 1Password for Brave
- 1Password for Chrome
- 1Password for Firefox
We'd love to hear about your experiences with this version as we work toward a stable release. Please feel free to start a new thread or contribute to an existing one.
Bits and bobs
- After getting things up and running, drag
/Applications/1Password 7.appto the Trash to avoid any confusion. To do this, you'll need to quit Safari if it's running and quit 1Password 7 completely using the following shortcut. Be sure the main 1Password window is frontmost.
Control + Option + Command + Q
- You can go back and install 1Password 7 at any time if you find the beta is not for you. Just be sure to uninstall 1Password 8 first.
- 1Password 8 works great on macOS Monterey, Big Sur, and Catalina.
- This release is compatible with all of our existing apps. You're welcome to use 1Password 8 on your Mac alongside 1Password 7 on your other devices.
- We’ll be releasing early access apps for mobile next year. 🤩
- Have fun, and thank you for everything! 💙