iOS Standalone license

Hi,

I see the standalone license for iOS is not recommended by 1Password Team, but it's still available somehow.
Can someone from the Team explain me how to get it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@fogo

Standalone licenses are no longer for sale. Membership is the future.

1Password Support - About 1Password membership

• So I have turned off upgrades of all software (to stop the auto upgrade of 1password). I'm about to start traveling internationally. I'm afraid to upgrade, afraid some how you'll turn off my access because I didn't upgrade. Will I be in the middle of this long trip and 1password (last standalone license) stop working?

I am an older senior citizen. When I last upgraded I called and asked about standalone and was assured that you would keep me running. How long do I have before I have to be gone from 1password? By that I mean when will my current software quit working?

Thanks and thanks for the journey to here.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@LRogers:

I am an older senior citizen. When I last upgraded I called and asked about standalone and was assured that you would keep me running.

You can continue using your 1Password app the way you have been until now. Standalone vaults and license purchases won't be available moving forward, but then again you can continue using your setup as usual :+1:

• Thanks. Except that in 2019 i called and was told that you’d keep standalone for at least senior citizens. That changed and Im now afraid of any updates as I believe that you’ll turn me off at some point. After many years as a customer i have lost trust. Why take the vault from local to your servers? From a security standpoint why would you want that? It seems that that would open you up to being hacked and therefore I’m more vulnerable.

So with ios 15 1password starts with “what’s new”. Is “what’s new” taking me where? Is thatbthe subscription update? If I hit “get started” what happens? If I hit “done” what does that do? I no longer have confidence that you care about your customers. I have to take the time to migrate one by one all of my data. Ive known and used 1password for 10+ years on my iphone and ipad and mac, I have referred many customers to you. But now im stopped. “Get to know” sounds like an update at least. Do i ignore this?

This is the essence of why i wont go with a subscription. If I don’t like an update and stop paying I’m sure you’ll turn me off which is why you are migrating to non local vaults. I am actively looking for simple alternatives for myself and those who took my advice.

• AB was very clear in their message above:

Standalone licenses are no longer for sale. Membership is the future.

If that is not what you want then you will need to find a different product.

From a security standpoint why would you want that?

Because of the secret key it really doesn't matter where the data is stored. Even with a complete dump of AB's servers you cannot discover anyone's passwords.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

OP's question was asked and answered. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.