keyboard shortcut does not work in brave

Options

If I visit click any website I have credentials like https://1password.community, click on the 1Password icon in the Brave Browser and press Autofill, it works but Ctrl+\ doesn't.

In Chrome it works.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hey @nicosmaris, when using Brave, are you seeing issues with only sites that have multiple login items? Does Ctrl+\ work for sites with just one login item?

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't work even in pages with one login item.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicosmaris:

Ctrl+\ is the keyboard shortcut for the classic extension. From your original post, it looks like you are using the newest 1Password in the browser extension, which fills without a keyboard shortcut.

In Chrome it works.

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using in Chrome? If you are not using 2.0.5 like you are doing in Brave, then it means you are using the classic extension over there ;)

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed, chrome has 4.7.5.90.

However, I liked the shortcut as I didn't have to use the mouse :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nicosmaris:

Thank you for the feedback! Perhaps this is something that our developers can consider for the future in the new extension too :) In the meantime, I have let them know that you would find it useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#41

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @nicosmaris! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• manobill
    manobill
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is appropriate, so if not I apologize. Just want to give a +1 to get the shortcut back to the extension, as @nicosmaris suggested. Although the new feature is good, I also prefer to use the shortcut. It's quicker, specially when you deal with multiple screens and/or large screens on hi-res.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@manobill:

Thank you for the feedback! I have let the developers know that you would also find this useful :+1:

• jhorneck
    jhorneck
    Community Member
    Options

+1. The autofill is helpful, however, I don't always need the autofill. Sometimes I want to access my bank account numbers or credit card numbers, or a software license key that doesn't prompt the autofill. The autofill is helpful in many cases, but I'd love to still have the option to launch with a shortcut.

• Hello @jhorneck,

Thank you for your feedback. We are working hard to fully integrate the shortcut to the new 1Password. Currently, we can use "Cmd+\" to fill websites if you have only one login item on your websites, and we are working hard to make the shortcut fully work so we will have the good old familiar experience back. Please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features we offer.

This discussion has been closed.