Overtaking WordPress editor link fields

Options

When I'm writing a post in the WordPress WYSIWYG editor and adding a link, there's a popup search field to find posts on my WordPress site to link to. 1Password shows up on this search field to offer login suggestions. This is not a password field or a username field, just a plain search field.

Here's what it looks like:

This happens with the extension version 2.0.5 with Firefox and Chrome. This hasn't been happening for a very long time, so I'd think it's a fairly recent change, but I don't remember exactly when this started to happen.

Another example of too active 1Password behaviour inside WordPress happens with the Relevanssi plugin. There this input field gets 1Password suggestions:

<input type="text" name="post_id" id="post_id">

No other input field in Relevanssi settings gets any action from 1Password, but this one does. Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Mac OS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @msaari ,

1Password looks at all of the page and everything showing up in it, not only in specific fields. If there are a lot of keywords on the page (such as login, username, email, password and many other words), then 1Password will designate that field as a login/registration page and might show up in fields it suspect might be related.

In order to determine what triggers it, we will need you to collect the page's structure when you encounter 1Password in unexpected places. Here's how:

1. When 1Password pops up, right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser.
    2. Select "Help" -> "Collect Page Structure".
    3. A file will be downloaded. Send us that file to support+x@1password.com alongside a short description and a screenshot exactly like you posted here so we can investigate and figure this out.
  • msaari
    msaari
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, will do that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @msaari. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• msaari
    msaari
    Community Member
    Options

It's #BRU-89579-968. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @msaari! I see that my colleague Yaron has already replied to you over there :+1:

ref: BRU-89579-968

ref: dev/core/core#8920

This discussion has been closed.