Firefox extension too bossy

Options
Chipili
Chipili
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've been drifting along with Firefox saving "unimportant passwords" and 1Password doing the heavy lifting.

Example - home PC, no other users, access is passworded, adding my latest amazon parcel to the postal service parcel tracker.

So FF remembers the login.

Now along comes the early release of 1P and it wants/demands to fill the passwords - but does not know them and will not concede focus.

I have a choice - either filling 1P with passwords that exist because "PaSsWoRdS" or disabling/removing 1P.

Is there some way of having my cake and eating it too?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.1.2-62.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Win 10 21H1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Chipili,

By default, 1Password will take over your browser's built-in password manager and do the filling job for you, and I highly recommend you to keep using 1Password for all filling jobs since it is more secure and convenient. However, if you want to use Firefox to fill for you, you can try these steps to do that.

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Firefox's toolbar > Settings > General > Switch off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.

2. open your browser > copy and paste this text to the browser's address bar: about:preferences#privacy > Scroll to Logins and passwords > Turn on Firefox's autofill.

Thank you for using 1Password. Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

This discussion has been closed.