Opera browser extension issue

Options

I have installed the Opera browser extension multiple times but when I click the icon in the toolbar I see the message "Install the 1Password extension..." + the "Add 1Password to Opera" button. I can still use the search bar and double click the result to autofill but it will not show suggestions, it will not show categories. If I go to Show Extensions it says 1Password extension (desktop app required) Version 4.7.5.90 is installed.

If I go to 1Password Prefs > Mini > Open 1Password to.. this is set to Suggestions. Categories is set to "Show in Menu".

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: mac os 10.15.7

Comments

• Hello @tonycookdesigner,

Your description tells me that the 1Password app might have a tough time communicating with the 1Password extension due to a pending process after a new update. In this case, please give your computer a restart first, and it should put things back on track most of the time.

If resetting your computer doesn't do the trick, you can try these additional steps to see if we can bring 1Password back and go from there.

1. Open the 1Password app => select 1Password 7 in the menu bar => Preferences => Browsers => Make sure that you turn on "Always keep 1Password extension helper running" option. If that option is on, you can close Preferences => Click on Help (On the 1Password menu bar on top of your computer) => TroubleShooting => Restart 1Password Extension helper.

2. If 1Password still asks for the 1Password extension, please right-click the 1Password mini icon in the menu bar at the top right corner of your computer > select “Quit 1Password Completely” > Quit all browsers > Restart your computer > Try 1Password again

That being said, although 1Password will technically work in Opera, I'd like to suggest considering a different browser, like Firefox or Brave. We've removed Opera from our trusted browser list while evaluating whether the allegations against them engaging in questionable behavior (like collecting user data without permission & deploying predatory load apps to their store) are true. I just wanted to give you a heads up — Your security is our top priority. :)

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

This discussion has been closed.